Makeup and Skincare made easy, I'll jump right to it with a brief introduction and here are some of the most useful beauty tips that you can apply and use on a daily basis to better elevate your lifestyle and confidence.
Make up and skin care is generally regarded as women’s forte. Men seldom indulge in ‘Makeup or skincare’. Many men do care for their skin but makeup is really alienated to most men. Treating makeup and skincare as different topics wouldn’t make sense at all. Nevertheless, makeup will work only if the skin is healthy. So how do you exercise makeup and skincare, together? Here are some tips for makeup and skincare:
* Always have skincare on your mind, whether you are buying products for makeup or actually applying them onto your skin after you have bought them. So what you are buying is a ‘makeup and skincare’ product, not just a makeup product. Check the ingredients to see if it contains things that you might be allergic to. Also, check if it contains high concentration chemicals that could potentially harm your skin.
* Keep track of the expiry date on your make up products and never use them beyond the expiry date. As a matter of fact, some products (e.g. vitamin C based products), if not stored properly, get spoilt much earlier than the expiry date.
* Cleanliness is an important part of makeup and skincare procedure. Sharpen your eye-liners regularly and keep all your makeup equipment clean at all times. You might fix a date, each month, for overhauling of your equipment. As part of cleanliness, your makeup and skincare procedure should also include keeping your hair clean at all times and that would be a whole new topic that we will dive into in the future.
* Nail care is another important aspect of makeup and skincare. Use a good quality nail polish and always keep your nails clean. Once you are done with cleaning and polishing your nails, you should rub in cuticle oil at the edges of the nail.
* ‘Makeup and skincare’ is also about testing the products before using them. Therefore, apply the makeup on a small patch of skin e.g. earlobes and check how your skin reacts to it before making any impulsive decision.
* Pro-tip: If you have deep-set eyes, you should use a liquid eyeliner instead of a pencil one. This will prevent smudging at the deep edges of your eye-lid.
* If you have a skin disorder e.g. acne, you should not apply heavy or chemical based make up. Consult your dermatologist if you are not sure about the makeup products that you can use while you have acne or other skin disorder. Never try to squeeze pimples/ acne. Remember that makeup and skincare should not conflict with each other.
* Have a habit of using a mild makeup remover (instead of just washing it away).
* Another important ‘makeup and skincare’ procedure is the following golden rule: “Never ever sleep with your make up on”
* While applying a deodorant, make sure that you maintain the recommended distance between the nozzle and your skin (as mentioned on the deodorant pack).
To sum it up, makeup and skincare should always go hand in hand. Do not try to treat makeup and skincare differently. Get both of them infused together as one and you'll have the best of both worlds.
You may have heard of Vitamin B, but have you heard of Vitamin B6?
Click on Read more to find out!
Have you ever thought of why people pay so much money for a fitness trainer, and what benefits do they get out of it?
Click on Read more to find out!